CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

I Need A Mommy Break!!!

Ok, let's make sure we get this straight from the get go.... I know that I am very, very blessed to be able to have the opportunity to stay at home with my kids. However! However, 24/7 little people starts to really drive a person, well, insane is actually a good word for it. About once a week I feel the need to just get away! Even if it means getting in my car and driving to the store to grab a gallon of milk! I just need to go somewhere and not have any needs from the back seat, to not have to gather 10 things out of the car to go to the store, to not be followed around. Just me and my purse (not diaper bag!!)! I decided to include a little tad bit of what happens around my house at least a dozen times a day. Faith is perfectly happy doing whatever she is doing and then she catches a glimpse of me and independence is out the window, here she comes screaming with what she thinks is a need to be held! In this video, not 2 seconds prior, she was playing some air guitar and dancing while Haley was playing guitar hero. I was cleaning up the kitchen from dinner and took a peek in the room to check on the girls and guess whose eye I caught! Here she comes crying demanding that I pick her up! So, I just needed to vent a little because I am in desperate need of a mommy break right now and am actually fixin to get one here in a couple of minutes!! Haley and I are going to Hobby Lobby and Barnes and Noble, just the two of us! We tried to do this earlier but Faith was like a bull in a china cabinet, there were books flying everywhere! Haley and I decided that this is a trip to make without the little one! Again, I love my children dearly and am soo sooo blessed to have them and be able to stay home with them, but I now understand why about once a month my dad would set me and my brother and sister down and tell us that he was about to have to take my mom (stay at home mom also) to Green Leaf if we did not let up a little on her!!! Enjoy the video!!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I (a stay at home mommy, also) know just how you feel. Dave and I always joke that once the clock hits 4pm Ella turns part Cling-On.

Amy Barrett said...

This is funny, sad and cute all at the same time. I too, understand your pain sometimes!